Plein Air - Oil, Acrylic, Watercolour, Pastel
Credit Valley Artisans is bringing back the Plein Air workshop in the Spring and Summer of 2019. We have two instructors this year. Christy Michalak is returning to teach Oils and Acrylics and Marlene Madole will join us for Watercolour painting.
1. Plein Air - Oils & Acrylics
Instructor: Christy Michalak Website: www.christyspaintings.ca
- Build a notan and composition working outside
- By popular demand, Credit Valley Artisans is bringing back my Plein Pir workshop in the gorgeous Children's Garden at the Lucy Maud Montgomery Gardens in Norval, Ontario (thank you, CVA and painters!). We had an amazing time doing this in June. 12 like-minded people surrounded by tall evergreens, sunshine, a little waterfall, and buzzing flowers. I made a mental note to do more plein air with great people in stunning surroundings...so here's the next round:
Working between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm, we'll have time to dig into a few things:
- To get you started, I'll do a quick demo of the Plein Air techniques passed down to me from beloved local artist George Perdue, and ultimately from the Group of 7.
- Then we'll talk about hue. Find out how to make buildings look 3D using more than just value.
Still close to home base so students can use CVA easels, paints, etc.
Note: Bring your Sketchbook & soft pencil (4 or 6B recommended)
Materials & Equipment provided by CVA for an additional charge of $20/day:
- Sketchbook & Soft Pencil
- 2 or 3 8x10 or 11x14 canvas boards - or masonite boards, pre-primed with 3 layers of acrylic gesso, sanded in between
- Oil paints and Mediums or Acrylic supplies.
- Plein Air easel, or regular easel that you can carry
- Stool (if you want to sit)
- Paper Towels
Dates: 3 Sundays - TBD
Time: 10:00am - 2:00pm (bring a lunch) Note: may stay later if required
Cost: $30/day Non-Members, $25/day Members - (supplies & equipment provided for $20/day extra)
2. Plein Air - Watercolour
Instructor: Marlene Madole