Introduction to Weaving!
Overview:Introduction to Weaving Beginner - Family
course will be very hands on - with participants weaving from day one. Each loom will be prepared with a warp, ready for you to start weaving on the first evening.
All will have the use of an individual table loom that you can take home to do
Start date is Wednesday TBA
Subjects to be covered include:
- Design of, and operation of the loom, basic terminologies, etc.
- Weaving different samples, that includes taking the loom home each week,
- Winding a warp, putting it on and dressing the loom ready to weave,
- Weave structures, plain weave, twills, lace weaves, etc. hemstitching,
- Designing cloth for different uses, finishing with designing and weaving a piece of your choice.
Dates/Times: 8 Wednesday evenings: 6:30 pm-9:00 pm
You will be provided with a Dorothy small table loom that will be ready to start weaving on Day 1. You will be able to fold the loom to take home between classes, for homework.
The yarns and shuttles, etc., come as well, but please bring with you:
- darning needle(s) with a blunt point - this is for hemstitching,
- short steel ruler, approx one inch wide if possible,
- squared paper - squares approx 1/8 inch,
- coloured pencils for later on the course
Weave a Triangular Shawl!
Overview:Beginner - Family
two day course will be very hands on - with
participants weaving from day one.
All will have the use of an individual triangular loom and needle that you can take home to do
The instructor will contact you regarding the purchase of yarn before course starts.
Dates/Times: Saturdays TBA 9:30am- 4:30pm
| || |
| || |