Fall/Winter Courses 2023
Please visit often for additions to Course Schedule
Pottery on the Wheel - Beginners
This course is for beginners who are new to pottery.
Pottery on the Wheel - Daytime
This course is for beginners who are new to pottery and those wanting to return.
Glass - Lampshade
glass enthusiasts who are looking for a challenge to perfect their skills and experience in a 3 dimension work style, then this course is for
Dates: 8 Thursdays starting TBA
* including use of equipment
and some supplies.
Crochet #2 - Beginner
Instructor: Helen McLoughlin
In this continuation of first Crochet class students build on what they have learned in the first class. Or they will have a chance to build on past knowledge of crocheting. T
Students will have a choice of choosing a small project such as scarf, hat or bag, to start on the second/third week. They must purchase their own yarn to suit the project they’ve chosen.
6 Wednesdays starting TBA
Daytime Stained Glass Classes
course is designed to teach the beginner the basics of creating a pattern,
methods of scoring, breaking out, grinding, foiling and soldering coloured
and textured glass. Small class size affords greater teaching time to each
8 Monday Afternoons starting TBA
Weekend Painting Workshop
"How to transfer a normal photo into a beautiful, eye-catching painting.” Artists will discuss and watch a demo on editing, lighting, texture, expressive brushstrokes, and how to paint quickly before creating a painting from their own photo.
Artists are recommended to bring two printed photos on paper for editing purposes. Peter's demos will be in oil or watercolour. Students may use any media they are familiar with.
"For intermediate to advanced painters who are already comfortable with any of oil, watercolour, acrylic, pastel, etc. This class is not suitable for beginners as how-to-use-media is not part of this class"
Covid safety rules are applied and Proof of Vaccinations is required.
Masks will be worn when necessary!
Cost: $120 (CVA members $100)
* All courses are held at Cedarvale Cottage in Cedarvale Park located in the park at the corner of Main Street & Maple Avenue in Georgetown - UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED.
* Registration to fill classes will be in order that fees are paid.
* Registration deadline is one week before the course starts - but check to see if extension is available.
* All courses are subject to cancellation if the registration minimum is not reached one week prior to the start date.
* No refund will be given once the course starts.
* A full refund less a $20.00 admin. fee will be given to registrants canceling no later than two weeks before the course begins.
* Any additional supply fees indicated will be paid to the instructor at the first class.
To make enquiries about courses - please contact us!
Credit Valley Artisans - Artists Sharing